A recall for one-Test paceman Pat Cummins has been a long time coming but New South Wales captain Moises Henriques believes it still might be too soon for the bowler he considers a "freak of nature".
Australia believe they can win from any situation, that mindset can't be taught: Sthalekar on India losing knock out games
Phillip Hughes' demise will haunt the cricket world for years and to get over the tragedy the New South Wales cricket association did something unique by destroying the ball that fatally struck the young Australian during a Sheffield Shield match at the SCG last year.
Mohammed Siraj was reportedly targeted by abusive members of the Gabba crowd on the first day of the fourth Test.
Play was impossible at the Sydney Cricket Ground, where the tourists are scheduled to play a non-first class tour match against an understrength representative side
The IPL franchises are now expanding their bouquet of teams across leagues in the West Indies, UAE, South Africa and now the US is another untapped market that wasn't explored despite the Asian diaspora craving for some cricket.
Sean Abbott, the Australian fast bowler who delivered the ball that killed Phillip Hughes, has made a remarkable return to cricket, helping New South Wales beat Queensland on Friday.
Australian police arrested four men in dawn raids on Wednesday in connection with the alleged kidnap and assault of former Test cricketer Stuart MacGill.
Former Australia cricketer Michael Slater has admitted himself into care for 'health and mental issues' after being charged by police following a report of a domestic violence incident in Sydney.
"My natural length is a bit back from a good length. So because of my height, I trouble all kinds of batters. When Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli praise you, what more do you need? Rohit bhai said, best of luck for your future," Irfan said.
The report said that the expansion to 10 teams would happen in the next five years and "the likeliest locations are the south-west, in Bristol and Taunton, and the north-east, at Durham".
Influenza has ravaged England with several players and staff taken ill since arriving on Dec. 14.
Wales Goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey received the first red card of the Qatar World Cup on Friday, when he was sent off for clattering into Iran's Mehdi Taremi outside the area late in the match.
Rajasthan Royals have offered Yorkshire around 25 million pounds (Rs 260 crore/Rs 2.6 billion) to take complete control of the county club.
Sunday's One Day International between South Africa and England in Paarl has been abandoned after two hotel workers in the teams' bio-secure environment tested positive for the coronavirus, match host broadcaster SuperSport reported.
Australia have not lost a Test match at the Gabba since 1988.
The family of Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes walked out of an inquest into his death on Friday after a submission from the lawyer for Cricket Australia that the coroner should not rule on claims the batsman been subject to threatening language. Hughes was hit on the back of the neck by a rising delivery when playing for South Australia in a domestic match at the Sydney Cricket Ground on November 25, 2014. He died two days later in a Sydney hospital.
Bomb threats were called in to Queensland schools, while Sydney's Cherrybrook Technology High and DenistoneEastPrimary School were also affected.
Play was halted for a few minutes on the fourth day of the third Test between India and Australia after the visiting players complained of abuse from the crowd at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Sunday.
All tours of the Opera House were also cancelled for the day and ferries were either delayed or cancelled.
Australia's Josh Hazlewood is a 'genius' with line and length and will have no trouble being ready for next week's Ashes opener against England
It is understood that the controversy has not gone down well with the travelling team and it is not amused with how Cricket Australia has so far handled the issue.
Anderson sustained a rib injury in England's 189-run win in the second Test at Newlands and underwent an MRI scan in Cape Town.
Top-order batter Georgia Redmayne and fast bowler Stella Campbell received their maiden call-ups.
Hobart will stage the fifth Ashes Test between Australia and England in place of Perth, which was stripped of the hosting rights on Monday because of Western Australia border controls, Cricket Australia said on Saturday.
England will rest Jofra Archer, Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes and Mark Wood for the three-match one-day international series against South Africa starting in Cape Town on February 4. Worcestershire seamer Pat Brown, Somerset batsman Tom Banton and the Lancashire pair of Matthew Parkinson and Saqib Mahmood received their maiden call-ups.
Strong, silent and one of cricket's quiet achievers, Trevor Bayliss may need that stoicism to accompany all his expertise when he becomes the first Australian coach to take charge of England in an Ashes series.
Former Australia wicketkeeper Brad Haddin will move into coaching to pass on his knowledge to the next generation of local cricketers, coach Darren Lehmann has said.
His father Ramniwas Garg has expressed concern over the racial attack on his son and has demanded a strict punishment to the culprit.
Australia have added left-handed batsman Rob Quiney to their squad as cover for all-rounder Shane Watson for the first test against South Africa.
Australia have suffered another injury scare ahead of the first Test against top ranked South Africa after all-rounder Shane Watson appeared to pick up a calf strain in a first class match on Saturday.
The price eclipsed the A$425,000 achieved by the late Don Bradman's baggy green when it was sold in 2003.
The Hughes family also confirmed funeral arrangements will take place on December3 in their home town of Macksville in northern New South Wales.
A coroner's inquest into the death of Phillip Hughes opened on Monday, almost two years after the Australian cricketer died when he was struck by a ball during a match at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Hughes was hit on the back of the neck by a rising delivery when batting for South Australia in a domestic match on Nov. 25, 2014. He died two days later in a Sydney hospital.
Watch out for these blunders before you hit submit!
Tickets for six short-format matches between Australia and India in November and December were all but exhausted on Friday, Cricket Australia said, while there is also some good news about the opening match in the Test series.
On March 8, Bengaluru techie Prabha Arun Kumar was stabbed to death while returning home in Sydney. A month later, the Sydney police are still struggling to solve the murder mystery.